Gas Safety Certificate

As a landlord, you are required by law to hold a Gas Safe Certificate for any home supplied with gas. Landlords must arrange for an annual gas safety check to be carried out for all appliances, flues and pipe works and are legally responsible for the safety of their tenants.”. This must be carried out every year by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer according to the Gas Safety Regulations 1998.

The yearly gas safety inspection ensures that all gas appliances and flues in the property are safely installed according to current standards. Without an up-to-date Gas Safety Certificate, not only is your property insurance void but you could also be liable for potential civil claims.

After our P & S Gas Engineer has fitted your appliance your gas installer will test the appliance to make sure it is safe to use. Our Gas Safe Engineer will then issue you with a Gas Safety Certificate.

The Gas Safety Certificate normally comes in three parts:

  1. One copy of the Gas Safety Certificate is kept by the engineer for his records.
  2. Another copy of the Gas Safety Certificate is given to the Landlord.
  3. The final copy of the Gas Safety Certificate is provided by the Londlord to the tenant.

If you’re a landlord and need a Gas Safety Certificate for your gas appliance we can provide this for you

Gas Safe Engineers

All gas appliances should be installed by a person registered by Gas Safe and periodically checked on a regular basis at least every 12 months, and records kept of the test dates, any defects and subsequent remedial action taken. Landlords must make this information available to their tenants.

Cooker Repair and Cooker Installation

Are you ready to arrange an appointment that suits your schedule?
Contact us today to book a gas safe registered engineer.